Development and Grant Writing Intern
The purpose of International Association for Rural and Urban Development- IARUD is to take, any action of general interest that can contribute to the development and progress of rural and urban communities in poor countries particularly and in the world in general. IARUD’s mission is to eliminate poverty, certain health risks, and improve the overall quality of life, through affordable housing and education. The education efforts focus on the most needful children and women in West Africa and on homeless individuals in Colorado.
IARUD is seeking an unpaid Intern to assist in the ongoing development and implementation of its communications efforts. The Communication and Marketing Intern will work under the direction of IARUD’s staff to manage social media and assist with other printed and online marketing materials. This position will require 10-20 hours per week, with flexibility for remote work. The ideal candidate will be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months with preference given to those able to stay 9-12 months.
This unpaid internship will require a combination of regular in-person hours at the Posner Center for International Development in Denver, and remote work.
● Significant experience in the operation of an international non-profit
● Skills gained in communications, including social media, website, printed materials
● Opportunity to work in fun, small non-profit organization environment
● Ability to network with and work alongside staff and volunteers
● Potential for course credit depending on the requirements of your college or university program.
● Research prospective grant potential from foundations including background information, specific requirements, deadlines, others they fund, etc.
● Writing Letters of Inquiry, Proposals, Grant Reports and writing donor acknowledgements under the supervision of IARUD staff.
● Compile an outreach list of conferences, speaking opportunities, publications, and other opportunities to increase exposure and raise funds.
● Join IARUD Grants team meetings as needed; participate in quarterly US all-staff meetings.
● Assist the IARUD team with other tasks as necessary.
● Attend IARUD team monthly meetings and appropriate committee meetings.
● Be currently enrolled in or previously completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree program with a background or interest in international studies, public relations, non-profit management, communications, development practice or information technology
● Be a strong writer, grant writing experience is a plus but not required.
● Flexible in working with an international team.
● Strong collaboration skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Strong writing skills
● Great attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and in the subject line orb apply directly at careers on our website https://iarud.org . Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and top candidates will be contacted for an interview.