Communication and Marketing Intern
The purpose of International Association for Rural and Urban Development- IARUD is to take, any action of general interest that can contribute to the development and progress of rural and urban communities in poor countries particularly and in the world in general. IARUD’s mission is to eliminate poverty, certain health risks, and improve the overall quality of life, through affordable housing and education. The education efforts focus on the most needful children and women in West Africa and on homeless individuals in Colorado.
IARUD is seeking an unpaid Intern to assist in the ongoing development and implementation of its communications efforts. The Communication and Marketing Intern will work under the direction of IARUD’s staff to manage social media and assist with other printed and online marketing materials. This position will require 10-20 hours per week, with flexibility for remote work. The ideal candidate will be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months with preference given to those able to stay 9-12 months.
This unpaid internship will require a combination of regular in-person hours at the Posner Center for International Development in Denver, and remote work.
● Significant experience in the operation of an international non-profit
● Skills gained in communications, including social media, website, printed materials
● Opportunity to work in fun, small non-profit organization environment
● Ability to network with and work alongside staff and volunteers
● Potential for course credit depending on the requirements of your college or university program.
● Maintain and expand IARUD’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and explore options for expansion. Manage content creation, design, planning strategies and schedules, and completing daily posts.
● Assist with the creation of online and print materials, such as invitations and newsletters.
● Draft content for print materials in collaboration with staff, including press releases, print and e-newsletters, and additional fundraising campaign materials.
● Update IARUD’s website and help for the distribution of our newsletters.
● Proofread and edit blog posts and assist in brainstorming new blogs, share blogs on relevant outlets.
● Manage IARUD’s online photo and video storage and support photo and video editing as needed.
● Research new opportunities for media coverage and online networking.
● Provide support for implementation of ongoing fundraising efforts and community events.
● Attend IARUD team monthly meetings and appropriate committee meetings.
● Assist the IARUD team with other tasks as necessary
● Be currently enrolled in or previously completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree program with a background or interest in international studies, marketing and public relations, non-profit management, communications, development practice or information technology
● Proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
● Content creation utilizing programs such as Word, Publisher, InDesign.
● Photo and video editing skills using programs like Photoshop.
● Experience with website, blogging, and email management programs.
● Strong collaboration skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Strong writing skills
● Great attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and in the subject line orb apply directly at careers on our website https://iarud.org . Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and top candidates will be contacted for an interview.